We offer unpaid placements for students who are working towards qualifications in health and social care.
A placement with Llanelli Mind can give you both practical hands-on experience in our Welcome Centre in Llanelli, plus information about policies, fundraising, and other aspects of working for a mental health charity. A typical day might include:
- Preparing activities for service users
- Helping to deliver activities throughout the day
- Creating a friendly, welcoming environment for service users
- Signposting service users to other resources or staff as needed
- Basic maintenance and administration within the Centre
The exact duration and nature of the placement can be negotiated but we will work with you to ensure your experience is valuable and compliments your studies. Many of our previous students have found their placements so enjoyable that they have decided to stay on as volunteers. Others have gone to successfully complete their studies and later found work within the social care sector.
If you would like to apply for a student placement, please download our application form and return it to email@example.com